Sunday 9 November 2008

Yellena



I have recently been looking for some new artwork for our house to brighten up the walls.  I came across Yellena's work on Etsy  some time ago, and think this is just the ticket.  I had written a rather lame description of Yellena's wok, when I checked out her profile and realised someone else had done a much better job of describing her work so I scrapped mine and here is theirs instead:  "colorful arrangements of organic shapes and tangled lines which are at once floral and alien, organic and sci-fi, crafty and fantastic".  Yellena says she tries to create an intimate world that possesses its own ethos and own emotional range.  Her work has been shown worldwide and her illustrations have been used by Anthropologie, Nike and others and have graced the pages of many magazines including Vogue Australia and Domino.  There is something I find very relaxing about looking at these illustrations - even more reason to get a couple for my bedroom.

1 comment:

Pecos Blue said...

They are really neat prints. Thanks for the rec.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin